The Port of Keyport is an unincorporated community in Kitsap County, Washington. The Port of Keyport is about 3.5 nautical miles (5.7 kilometers or 3.5 miles) north-northwest of the Port of Brownsville. The Port of Keyport is about 18 nautical miles, navigating around Bainbridge Island (22.4 kilometers or 13.4 miles direct) northwest of the Port of Seattle. The Port of Keyport is part of the greater Vancouver Island Waterway Region and the lesser Puget Sound waterway. The 2010 US Census reported a population of 554 in the Port of Keyport.
Named after Keyport, New Jersey, in 1896, the Port of Keyport is nicknamed "Torpedo Town USA" because a small US Navy depot that ranges and repairs torpedoes is located there. Until the late 20th Century, the Navy base was called the Naval Undersea Warfare Engineering Station. However, with the end of the Cold War and several base realignments, the engineering function was transferred back to the parent command in Newport, Rhode Island. Today, the station is called the Naval Base Kitsap, and it is the center of activity for the Port of Keyport.
The local port authority maintains a boat dock at the Port of Keyport, and the county maintains a small park on the beach across from the main gate of the base. The base has a picnic area, several hiking trails, and a boat launch (not available to recreational boaters).